So yeah, things are finally returning to normal... There's about 20 things on my todo list to get done, but I finally have things all planned out as to how things are going to work. Unfortunately, this weekend would be PRIME time to get this done, however, BarCamp Milwaukee is this weekend... so my list will just have to wait.... Some highlights:
* Replace the hard drive on a machine that is currently sitting idle, throw a couple network cards into it and install smoothwall on it... (Been running Gentoo for about 7 years on the firewall... it works, but appliances that don't take maintenance time = good.)
* Collect all my old hard drives and transfer any useful data on them to one fileserver at home and organize all my photos, videos, downloads, etc.
* Retire some old machines that are having issues.... Specifially what was my main server at home for the last 5 years or so... (a Dual Pentium 2 with 512MB of memory.. hey.. it was a good machine way back when)... its the main box I connect to IRC through, and its currently also has about 5 years of mail and logs that I can never bring myself to delete. Too many times have I found a phone number or email address I would have lost. Its was providing DNS, NTP, Apache (along with some webfiles I need to save) and MySQL. Some of that will move to the smoothwall... some to the fileserver... some I really don't need at home any more.
* Check out Zenoss at home... VMWare goodness and network monitoring!
* Reinitiate my use of ledger for my personal finance tracking, and build an AOL/Yahoo bot that I can send messages to from anywhere in the world so that it will add in into my ledger. Should be easy to do.. Yay Python!
* Finish my Foresight Linux Build/QA management tool. Its REALLY cool... and from what I can tell, its really needed... just need to find the time to work on it. TurboGears (and hence CherryPy and Python) goodness here... Will probably work on this from BarCamp.
* About 10 little projects to build or gadgets to buy that I've seen from sites like LifeHacker. A Bluetooth GPS device sounds handy... (assuming I can use it with my SideKick, or even better, the new Sidekick LX I may or may not be getting) and someone ... and Remember the Milk... or Tracks... I still like the idea of MonkeyGTD... but its stagnated a bit... and, its not quite as portable as I'd like.
* Finally Implement my own OpenID domain
* Ditch b2evo and probably write something from scratch. I really don't like any of the blog software that's out there... so... things might look different around here...
I'm sure there are a ton of things I'm missing
The life and times of an atypical average guy.
|<< <||> >>|